Review | A'pieu Coffee Lip Scrub - Mochalipccino

Saturday 3 February 2018


Well, 2018 has swooped in fast and it's already February (crazy right??) and here comes the first post of the month. One of my resolutions for this year was to take better care of my skin and my overall appearance and I have managed to stick to this one about 90% of the time. One place that seems to get neglected by me, especially in the winter are my poor beautiful lips. Receiving this product in my Mask Time box at Christmas time has meant I can give my lips a little bit more lovin' (so....I can give more lovin'...?). This is the A'pieu Mocahlipccino Coffee Lip Scrub, one of two varieties, the other being Amelipccno. There are two different strengths to this product in terms of how ~scrubby~ they are with this one actually being the least abrasive of the two. Now let's see how we get on with it!

I don't actually like coffee. I'm more of a tea person (peppermint or earl grey pls) or if I wanna be fancy I will be that person that gets a hot chocolate instead. So I was worrying a little about how much I would enjoy this product as it is coffee flavoured.

P A C K A G I N G 

The tube is simple and chic, with a medium brown coloured case and a little print of a coffee cup on the side. The font is also stylized with the O being a coffee bean.


S C E N T  A N D  F L A V O U R

As you can imagine, and I think quite frankly, otherwise you would be quite disappointed: this smells very strongly of coffee. However, since this is the mocha variety the edge is taken off slightly with the hint of chocolate to it. I do like the smell of coffee, I work in a coffee shop so I'm around the scent every day and love it. The taste isn't as bad as I thought it would be, I guess if I tried it I probably would like a mocha. The chocolate in it really helps make me enjoy it rather than dump this into a pile of stuff to never be used.


T E X T U R E

This comes in a twisty tube and the product itself is actually a lip balm that contains little granules of coffee beans. 


U S A G E 

The product is easy to use, apply the balm back and forth onto your lips, allowing some of the coffee granules to sit on your lips. Using your fingers, massage the product into the lips to try and take away the dead skin cells. Follow up with washing away with warm water, patting dry and applying a lip balm to lock in moisture. 

R E S U L T S

Due to it being the slightly weaker of the two in the range I actually wasn't expecting too much from it, however, I am still happy with the results. It does take away some of the dead skin cells, but not all. So it's ideal for if your lips are a little bit dry but if they are severely dehydrated you will need something a lot stronger and moisturising to make sure your lips are given the care they are needing. The first couple of uses it was hard to actually get any of the granules to come off the balm and it felt like it was hurting applying it back and forth, so I would maybe recommend using this on the back of your hand to allow the top of the balm to loosen a bit to get the best use out of it. 

My lips felt a good bit softer after use and I have found this to be a product I can easily use when I am out and about if my lips need a little boost to their appearance. If you have severely dry lips (where they may have large portions of dead skin cells or may start peeling), I wouldn't recommend this product to you, I would go and find a scrub that will be a lot more effective for you. If you just need a little bit of a scrub done to your lips every so often then this may be ideal for you. Also ideal for coffee lovers as you could get a little scent/taste fix whenever! 

O V E R A L L 

I love the simple packaging and compactness of this product. I would say on an efffectiveness level it would maybe get a 2.5-3/5. A little must have to lip care routine if you love yourself a bit of coffee. 

  R E P U R C H A S E ?

Probably not. It worked okay and I could get behind the scent and taste of it, however, coffee just isn't my favourite so I would rather find a scrub that tastes a little better and one that works a bit more effectively. 

Have you tried this product yourself? Let me know your favourite lip scrubs! 




Follow me on: youtube | twitter | instagram | facebook | bloglovin'
Anonymous said...

Prototypes allow producers an opportunity to look at an object's design extra intently and even check it earlier than producing a finished product. RP permits producers to supply those prototypes much quicker than earlier than, usually inside days or typically hours of conceiving the design. In RP, designers create models utilizing computer-aided design Direct CNC software program, and then machines follow that software program model discover out} means to|tips on how to} construct the thing.