MASK MONDAY // eyenlip Calamansi Vitamin Solution Mask

Monday 27 August 2018


I can't believe I've actually managed to stick to my mask Monday two weeks in a row! Hurray!
Today's Mask Monday features K-beauty newcomer, eyenlip's Calamansi Vitamin Solution Mask. A mask absolutely packed with a variety of vitamins derived from the Calamansi fruit (I think it's more popularly known as the Philippine Lime(?)), one that boasts that it's vitamin content is higher than our very vitamin-y friend, the lemon. With the primary aim of the mask to help brighten and whiten the skin and prevent wrinkles while not causing any irritation to the skin.
This post is in part of a series of posts about eyenlip where I have received I variety of products to try out and in return, review here on my blog for my readers to discover. All opinions are my own however.

A B O U T  E Y E N L I P 

Eyenlip was launched in 2017 by the founders of beautynetkorea, a stockist and seller of a large variety of Korean beauty brands. They also have their own eBay page where they sell the same items under the username f2plus1 (which is one of my most used and trusted stores on the site). Over the past year or so the brand coming to be, they have been gradually building their repertoire of skincare and makeup products. With the aim of making their products affordable and easily accessible, targeting a number of different concerns.

I N S T R U C T I O N S 

After cleansing the skin, apply toner to ready the skin for application. Remove the mask from the pouch and apply to the skin evenly and wait 15-20 minutes before removing and tapping in the remaining essence into the skin. 

S C E N T  &  E S S E N C E 

Being a citrus fruit based masked, you can guarantee that when you take the mask out of the pouch you are going to be greeted with a lovely little scent of fruits. However, when it comes to this mask, while the scent is there, it's not overbearing and is quite a soft scent. The essence itself is quite similar to your standard relatively thin essence but does not drip. It adheres to the sheet mask well to allow for your skin to get all of the essence available in the packet. 

F I T  &  M A T E R I A L

One of the more shocking factors of this mask is the fact that the sheet itself is actually a very bright yellow in appearance. However, this isn't due to the sheet being dyed, but the fibers being used for the mask being a naturally derived cellulose fiber. So if you thought you looked silly with a typical white coloured sheet mask you'll be in for a surprise. However, I think that just adds a unique charm to the mask. 
The mask adheres to the skin well without any slippage. However, my only complaint is that the eye holes are a little on the small side. There was a lot of the mask not touching my skin around my eyes, however, this could be due to my nose bridge being high that's preventing it from doing so. The mask fits well on others parts of my face though which is a plus. 



R E S U L T

Following removal of the mask, my skin looked a lot brighter and far less dull than it did before using. The essence didn't take all too long to absorb into the skin as well, meaning that I wasn't left with that sticky feeling on my face for ages after and I could carry on onto the final stages of my skincare routine. I feel like the reduction in the redness of my face overall was quite dramatic for an initial use which is a great thing. My skin felt soft and hydrated too.

W H E R E  T O  B U Y ?

You can purchase the masks from either beautynetkorea or eBay.

I would definitely buy this mask again in a batch. Due to the sheer difference in my skin with one use, I feel like these would be handy to have on hand for anytime I have an event that I want my skin to look especially bright or if I'm having a period of very dull skin and it needs a boost. An affordable little mask with a unique colour to it. A highly recommended little sheet mask!
As always, hope you are all having a fantastic week and let me know what masks you've been using up lately!



Follow me on: youtube | twitter | instagram | facebook | bloglovin'