Mask Monday ♡ A'pieu - Rub in Gelato | Pistachio

Monday 21 November 2016

After a little break from it, Mask Monday is finally back! It's a series I'm actually enjoying doing because it makes me actually use a mask of some sort each week which is only beneficial to my skin and the routine in which I look after it. While I tend to focus on sheet masks as a weekly treat for my skin, I like having something a little different from time to time to give my skin the benefits of something that a sheet mask can't give you. This time we have the A'pieu Rub In Gelato Mask in Pistachio. This mask comes in two different variations, you have the Pistachio one and the Riso (Rice) one.


Out of the two variations I chose Pistachio for a number of reasons. First of all, the packaging has a mint green lid which is my favourite colour. I have never tried anything with pistachio in it on my skin so I was intrigued by what results would come from it. This one also focuses on clearing out your blackheads while tightening your pores up while the rice one focuses more on improving the brightness of your skin.  Lastly, I have already tried rice face masks in the past (Skinfood's highly popular one) and while I loved using them, I wanted to try something a little different. to things that I have before.

Blackheads and my pores are one of my biggest skin concerns so this seemed to be the ideal thing to use to try and draw them out, I would normally follow it up with the A'pieu Egg White Nose Strip that I adore so much to make sure my skin got the best de-blackheading it could! 


The texture of this product is quite thick and also has some exfoliant properties to it. The little adzuki bean pieces means you can give your face a little gentle scrub during application. This will be to help your skin pull the blackheads out into the clay. The smell of this is gorgeous as well, as you would expect it smells of pistachio along with mint, that's due to one of the ingredients in this one being peppermint water. So what can you expect from a face mask with peppermint in it? Well it's going to make your face go ice cold. While the mask sets into your skin you will notice your skin is quickly going to feel very cold and it gradually reduces in how cold it feels as it sets more. The benefit of this is that the pores tighten due to the application of something cold on the skin. Due to the peppermint being an ingredient this may not be entirely suitable for those with extremely sensitive skin. 


Application is easy, the thickness of this means you don't actually need a lot of product to give yourself an even coating of the mask. This means it will go a long way! From using this I find my skin complexion has improved overall and feels incredibly smooth. The majority of the blackheads have been removed and my pores have reduced in size considerably. Of course this isn't going to have an effect on my acne scars so they always remain! My face keeps having a very faint cool tingle for a while after removal. 


I would also like to highlight the packaging as it's adorable! It's like a little ice cream cone which fits it so well and even the barcode on the side is in the shape of ice cream! 


Also "Rubbing Loving". Same.

I've been highly impressed with this mask and it's one I would definitely recommend to you all. As I said before though, if your skin is hyper sensitive I would stay away from this one and possibly go for the rice one instead as it doesn't contain the peppermint water which could sting your skin. I used this mostly in the summer as it was quite soothing to have my face go super cold on the hot days, but I still use it now in the colder weather. It can also be used on your body as well, not just your face! So any problem areas, just use a little bit of it and see what your own results are!

Have you tried this or the Riso version of the mask? Would you like to try it? As always with my Mask Mondays, what ones have you tried lately that you would recommend?

Ingredients: Water, Kaolin, Dipropylene Glycol, Betonite, Phaseolus Angularis Seed Powder, Betaine, Alcohol, Cellulose, Titanium Dioxide, Piper Methysticum Leaf/Root/Stem Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Ficus Carica Fruit Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Extract, Melia Azadirachta Leaf Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Pueraria Thunbergiana Root Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra Root Extract, Paeonia Lactiflora Bark/Sap Extract, Cnidium Officinale Root Extract, Ulmus Davidiana Root Extract, Amaranthus Caudatus Seed Extract, Pistacia Vera Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Water, Metha Piperita Leaf Water, Soluble Collagen, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Seed Meal, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Sodium Hyaluronate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Xanthan Gum, Glyceryl Stearate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Mica, Dimethicone, Cetylethylhexanoate, Caprily/Capric Triglycerides, PEG-100 Stearate, Methyl Taurates, Tocopheryl Aceitate, Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chromium Oxide Green, Butylne Glycol,  Illite, Ethylhecylglycerin, Montmorillonite, Calcite, Ceramide 3, Yellow Iron Oxide (CI 77492), Black Iron Oxide (CI77499), Fragrance

Follow me on: youtube | twitter | instagram | facebook | bloglovin'