Mask Monday // 16Brand (Sixteen) Garden Toks Sheet Mask in Hibiscus Tea

Monday 21 May 2018

Here's a brand I've been wanting to try for a good long time. Though I've been highly interested moreso in the make up products they have, sometimes trying out a sheet mask can be a good, affordable way to get a little first impression of a brands performance. 16Brand (Sixteen) is one of four beauty brands created by first gen Korean makeup Cho Sungah (I remember fondly watching her videos when I first started getting into K-beauty!). Her lines vary in their target audience and this brand in particular is targeted towards teens and those who like to see their make up as colourful and fun. This appeals to me widely as my make up is generally on the bright and healthy looking side. As with most K-beauty brands, there is a whole line of sheet masks from 16Brand and this one here is the Hibiscus Tea sheet mask from the Garden Toks range. 

K E Y  I N G R E D I E N T S
Peppermint extract, sage leaf extract, hibiscus extract, lavender extract, jasmine extract, green tea extract and black tea complex

C L A I M 
This mask aims to revitalise and soothe the skin.

I N S T R U C T I O N S
After washing and toning the skin, apply the mask evenly to the face, leave for 10-20 minutes, remove and gently pat the excess into the skin. 

S C E N T  A N D  E S S E N C E 
Immediately after applying, I'm greeted with a sweet floral, earthy scent. It's not overbearingly sweet but has a very natural fragrance to it. The essence has a good viscosity to it, not too thick and not too thin. It seems to grab onto the mask and not want to stay in the packaging, which prevents you dripping all over the place trying to get it out of the packet. 

M A T E R I A L  A N D  F I T 
The material is quite thick, a sturdy mask I would say. It feels like it wouldn't rip all to easy if you happened to pull at the wrong part of the mask while trying to unfold. It feels comfortable on the skin and doesn't slide down while upright. For me, the mask fits perfectly, if anything there may be a slight raised area on the bridge of my nose in between my eyes but it's only minimal and easily fixed. 

R E S U L T
My skin felt and looked so much more vibrant than it was. It even seemed to help brighten up my under eye area and giving it a moisture boost. It took a while for the essence to dry fully, but I expect this with most masks in all honesty. There was only a slight tackiness left over. 

O V E R A L L 
This was a lovely little mask to use. The scent was gentle, the essence was refreshing and the result was as expected from the mask. 

R E P U R C H A S E ?
I definitely would get an buy another one of these, however I'm intruiged to try the whole range out. So it might be a case of buying a whole bundle. So then I have a mask for every kind of occasion! I'm also even more keen to try their make up products after this performing so well for me. 

What sheet masks have you been using lately?

Follow me on: youtube | twitter | instagram | facebook | bloglovin'