My K(+J)-Beauty Skincare Use Up 2018

Sunday 23 September 2018

It's not all too rare for you to have some skincare products just sitting there, being used occasionally or just not being used at all. Throughout my own journey of learning what skincare works for me, I've learnt that some products just aren't for me or don't have as great an effect on my skin as I need. However, this doesn't mean they are bad products or that they are bad for my skin. It's more a case of there are other types of products I would prefer. I'm intending to looking more into products I want to help certain issues with my skin and I'm planning on a beauty spending ban for the rest of the year unless it's necessary (such as base makeup or eyeliner). So, for when it comes round to getting new products, I don't want products that may end up ignored or are nearly done anyway to be sitting about taking up space. 

So here's a small selection of the products I intend on finishing up by the time 2019 comes around. This is just the skincare section as there are some makeup products, but the amount is vastly smaller.

CLEANSERS


As someone who wears makeup regularly, it's so important for me to make sure I thoroughly cleanse my skin. A big advocate for double cleansing, I find the oil cleanser to be the most important but I want to have an equally good second cleanser. I'm not overly strict with how my cleansers are, as long as they don't give me that artificially soft skin feeling afterwards and doesn't dry my skin out to no end, then I'm good. Foam cleansers are great for a light wash of the skin and tend to be on the gentle side, so ideal for sensitive skin. However, for me, while they don't cleanse well, I no longer seem to enjoy foamed up cleansers. This is just my own personal preference. So I'm aiming to finish the Innisfree The Minimum Facial Cleanser (originally mentioned in this post) and the Neogen Real Fresh Foam Green Tea Cleanser. Both very good cleansers with nice delicate scents (I particularly love that the Neogen one has actual green tea leaves at the bottom of the package. I just need something a tiny bit more robust on my skin. A non-foam cleanser and one that is actually a Japanese product is the Rosette Cleansing Paste Acne Clear Cleanser. This was the first Japanese cosmetic product I have tried and one that I enjoy using. It helps aid acne clearing when my breakout begins to subside but because I have had it for quite a while, I would rather finish it than use it many years later.

TONERS


I love, love, love my toners and they are definitely a product I end up owning too many of. My preferred method of applying is to put an amount in the palm of my hand and gently pat it onto my skin until it is absorbed. Sometimes repeating this multiple times. A different method than using typical cotton pads as I often worry about product waste. Two toners I'm going to use up are the Etude House Wonder Pore Freshener (mentioned here) this is one of those cult K-beauty toners that everyone has had at one time or another. I really do like this toner, however, I have about 3 months until it expires, so this will be the one I try to use up first. Alongside this is the Innisfree The Minimum Toner. This toner made me fall in love with the concept of spray toners, something so easy and convenient for the busy mum I am in the mornings when I don't have a lot of time to focus on skincare.

AMPOULE


So there is actually only one product here and that is the Innisfree The Minimum Serum Ampoule. A product I have enjoyed and is actually the one in this list that has the least amount of product left of it. It didn't have as drastic an effect that my skin actually needs, but it did help me add some extra moisture into my skin overall.

WHAT'S COMING NEXT?

There are actually a few skincare brands I intend on purchasing from when the new year begins and you can bet you will be seeing a massive haul of those products. I've yet to be able to try out Cosrx, a very highly praised brand when it comes to Korean beauty and I particularly want to try the AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner, for which I have seen a lot of positive reviews from. There are also a few more Innisfree products I want to get my hands on and I feel like I want to dip my toes into mid-range brands such as Huxley, Heimish and more. While I am using up the last of my Innisfree The Minimum line, I fully intend on replacing them with products from the Etude House Soon Jung line, one that I have sampled before but really want to incorporate into my full routine. 

If there are any brands you haven't seen me talk about that you love or ones you're more interested to know, please let me know and I'll get and research what products tickle my fancy from them. 

Follow me on: twitter // instagram // bloglovin' // youtube