REVIEW // eyenlip Aloe Vera Soothing Gel

Saturday 15 September 2018


Aloe Vera gel has been a staple in my skincare for the past 8 years. I often find myself buying it regularly and making sure I have some sitting around as a back up for whenever I need it. So, why exactly do I use Aloe Vera so much? From my own experience, Aloe doesn't tend to have the most immediate and amazing visual results, but I do use it as a way to soothe my painful skin, which it works very well for. As someone who suffers from hormonal acne, it's incredibly handy to have this on hand when my flare-ups can cause some pain. 

This post is in part of a series of posts about eyenlip where I have received a variety of products to try out and in return, review here on my blog for my readers to discover. All opinions are my own, however.

A B O U T  E Y E N L I P

Eyenlip was launched in 2017 by the founders of beautynetkorea, a stockist and seller of a large variety of Korean beauty brands. They also have their own eBay page where they sell the same items under the username f2plus1 (which is one of my most used and trusted stores on the site). Over the past year or so the brand coming to be, they have been gradually building their repertoire of skincare and makeup products. With the aim of making their products affordable and easily accessible, targeting a number of different concerns.


Whenever I have a breakout, I always reach for Aloe Vera gel as one of my final steps, usually just before using my moisturiser, or on the very rare occasion I will end up using it as the final step. My skin becomes incredibly sensitive to a number of ingredients and products usually around about my period or when I'm under a lot of stress. Some Aloe Vera gel products can often lead to a burning sensation during these times. However, I've found this to not be the case with the eyenlip aloe gel. The handy tube makes it easy to get the product out in a hygienic way. With a natural scent of aloe to it and how cooling it is (bonus: put the gel in the fridge to make it extra cold!), it makes for a refreshing step to your skincare. 

My spots feel less painful and any tight skin feels a lot less tight. It's a very lightweight gel that glides onto the skin easily and absorbs in good time, not leaving a sticky residue following. One of the main pros of it is that the affordability is incredible. Aloe gel is something I find tends to end up being overpriced, especially when it comes to K-brands, however, this costs the equivalent of £1 when bought directly from BeautyNetKorea.Since I received mine, they have actually made a small change to the appearance of the packaging and increased the volume given by 15ml. A great price for something that can remain in your skincare routine no matter what problems you have. I have also seen on their website to use this as a face pack and leave it on for 5-10 minutes which is something I've yet to try but will do in the future when my skin really needs it!

I think due to the affordability and the fact that I don't get that Aloe vera sting with using, I would definitely stock up on this particular one again sometime in the future. 

Be sure to check out my other eyenlip posts if you're interested to see more!



Follow me on: twitter // instagram // bloglovin' // youtube