FIRST IMPRESSIONS // Leegeehaam Grow | VITA - HYAL B5 - MATCHA

Thursday 6 September 2018


Leegeehaam has been one of these brands I've seen floating about in the K-beauty community on Instagram and I kept wondering where I should start with trying the brand's products. However, StyleKorean, who regularly hosts a series called Try Me, Review Me, in which people can apply to try out certain products selected by StyleKorean and give a little review on them. I was lucky enough to be picked as one of the twenty people to be picked for the most recent Leegeehaam Try Me Review Me that the site held. So I was more than excited for this parcel to arrive at my door. 

We were given a selection of 3 different products from their Grow range. Leegeehaam has a selection of four different collections of products that follow different rules and the initials make up part of the brand's name. 

LEEGEEHAAM

LIFE // Cosmetics and skincare based on your lifestyle
GROW // Skincare with naturally derived ingredients
HOPE // Advanced skincare for certain skincare issues
MASTER // High tech skincare





LEEGEEHAAM HYAL B5 TONER

Toner is essential to the skin following cleansing and it's the type of product I end up buying too many of. While they don't have to have a major impact on the skin, using a good toner can make all the difference to your skin compared to a poor one. The Hyal B5 toner contains 5 Hyaluronic Complex (namely Hydroxypropyltrimonium hyaluronate,  hydrolyzed hyaluronic acid, sodium acetylated hyaluronate, sodium hyaluronate, ascorbyl propyl hyaluronate) to moisturise dehydrated skin and prevent water loss from the skin itself. Which is great to hear from a toner as many can be very acidic and end up just stripping your skin of moisture instead of adding to it. 


Something a little unique about this toner that rather than being a simple pour out or spray toner, it actually features a pump. The texture of the toner itself is not a typical toner one. It has a watery feel while maintaining an amount of viscosity to it. Almost like an incredibly light serum. 

INGREDIENTS
Water, Glycerin, Methylpropanediol, Propanediol, 1,2-hexanediol, Niacinamide, Glycereth-26, Panthenol, Dioscorea japonica root extract, Arctium lappa root extract, Phellinus linteus extract, Coceth-7, Betaine, Ethylhexylglycerin, Piper methysticum leaf/root/stem extract, Centella asiatica extract, Panax ginseng berry extract, Vanilla planifolia fruit extract, Hydrogenated lecithin, Ppg-1-peg-9 lauryl glycol ether, Polyquaternium-51, Tromethamine, Glyceryl glucoside, Olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, Glycosyl trehalose, Adenosine, Hydrogenated starch hydrolysate, Biosaccharide gum-1, Raffinose, Beta-glucan, Peg-40 hydrogenated castor oil, Acrylates/c10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, Xanthan gum, Sodium hyaluronate, Cellulose gum, Hydroxypropyltrimonium hyaluronate, Lecithin, Michelia alba leaf oil, Myristica fragrans (nutmeg) kernel oil, Daucus carota sativa (carrot) seed oil, Elettaria cardamomum seed oil, Michelia alba flower oil, Tagetes minuta flower oil, Butylene glycol, Hydrolyzed hyaluronic acid, Ascorbyl propyl hyaluronate


It absorbs quickly into the skin, making my skin feel almost immediately more moisturised. Also making the skin feel very refreshed. As I've mentioned several times, I don't actually use cotton pads for toner or the like for the most part as I prefer just to spray or apply to my face and pat gently, and I feel the way this toner is presented makes it ideal for my own preferred method. 


You only need a couple of pumps to get the right amount to apply to the skin so this big bottle can last a long long time depending on how much regular use you get out of it. I'm going to test this out over the winter time in particular (which is already setting in in Scotland) to see how much this adds to my skin's moisture at a time when my skin is most likely to be dehydrated and begging for something to help it out.

Purhcase from StyleKorean for £21/$27.82 (approx)


LEEGEEHAAM GROW VITA PROPOLIS AMPOULE

Propolis is an ingredient that hasn't really appeared in my own skincare that I've used thus far. A compound created by bees mixing beeswax with saliva and a variety of other elements. However, I have heard of the many benefits that it does have for the skin, including the acceleration of the growth of cells, soothing skin and reviving skin to look less dull to just name a few. Trying a new key ingredient that aims to help several concerns of my own skin drags me in purely by intrigue.


Dropper bottles tend to be some of my favourite when the bottle itself is clear and the colour of the product inside, making it really shine. The gorgeous honey-like colour really adds a little bit of colour to LGH's minimal skincare line. 


INGREDIENTS
Propolis Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Hippophae Rhamnoides Extract, Panthenol, Rosa Centifolia Flower Water, Niacinamide, 1,2-Hexanediol, Ethyl Ascorbyl Ether, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Bark/Twig Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Carbomer, Arginine, Spirodela Polyrrhiza Extract , Hydroxyethylcellulose, Dipotassium, Glycyrrhizate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Adenosine


A very lightweight Ampoule that absorbs quickly into the skin. Making it feel nourished and preparing it for the final few steps of your skincare routine. As I have only been able to use this for about a week, I can't explicitly say whether or not it has made a difference to my skin but I am noticing it is beginning to look a lot fresher and brighter overall. So, hopefully with some more trialing and usage, combining with other products to suit my skin, I will be able to see if this has a full impact on my skin over time. It's a beautiful little product and provided it helps aid my skin's issues, I will definitely make a repurchase of it sometime in the future. 

Purchase from StyleKorean for £21/$27.82 (approx)


LEEGEEHAAM GROW MATCHA CLAY PACK

Clay packs were the first types of face masks I came across as a teenager and ones I always enjoyed using. Particularly as an acne sufferer, clay masks can be the ideal counterpart to a skincare routine to help you draw out some of the nasties in your skin that may not be helping with your acne. The Leegeehaam Matcha Clay Pack combines my love for clay masks with my love of Matcha. You all will know that green tea has many positive benefits not only for your body internally but also externally. And this mask mixes Matcha with a white clay to help detoxify and purify the skin. 


The gorgeous minty green shade combined with the minimalist white and forest type green colour brings the whole thing together simply and beautifully. I've had a couple of uses out of this since I received it and my general first impression of it is that it's a powerful little mask. 


Taking it out of the jar with the spatula to prevent messy hands and waste, the product glides onto the skin with ease, with the spatula making it easier to get into the little nooks around your nose. It also dries very quickly, surprisingly quick as well. If you apply it a little too close to the mouth, it can't be difficult to move your mouth and speak properly as I managed to find out the hard way. So 10 minutes is all this mask needs before you wash it away.

INGREDIENTS
Water, Kaolin, Dipropylene glycol, Bentonite, Camellia sinensis leaf extract, Betaine, Silica, Butylene glycol, Montmorillonite, 1,2-hexanediol, Illite, Hydroxyacetophenone, Hydroxyethyl urea, Cellulose, Xanthan gum, Chromium oxide greens, Citric acid, Citrus aurantium bergamia (bergamot) fruit oil, Disodium edta, Ethylhexylglycerin, Lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil


This mask makes my skin feel nourished and supple while looking radiant and bright. The redness of acne scars had reduced and any spots above the skin had also decreased in size. I definite win from this one. Sometimes clay masks can be a hit or a miss but this one is a clear hit! I've had a few uses from it and I know it's going to be added to my regular weekly cycle of face masks from now on. 

Purchase from StyleKorean for £24/$31.03 (approx)

OVERALL

My first impression on not only these products, but Leegeehaam as a brand has been an incredibly positive one and I don't understand now why it took me so long to get round to actually trying a least a few products from them. I'll definitely be making repurchases of all of these products sometime in the future and will be looking to try a few other products from the Grow and other ranges from LGH.

Have you tried anything from Leegeehaam, if so, which has been your favourite? Or which product mentioned here has piqued your interest the most? Let me know in the comments below~



Follow me on: twitter // instagram // bloglovin' // youtube