Mask Monday // It's Skin Color Solution - Pink Mud

Monday 19 February 2018


Mask Monday is officially back for 2018! I took a bit of a break due to well...me kinda slacking when it comes to my skincare and just not finding the ~me time~ I so desperately need. I'm hoping to do this as regularly as I can but I can't promise it will be an occurrence every single week (that can maybe be a goal for next year?). Today I have one of the mask's I received in my Be Mine box from Mask Time. The box featured a selection of pink coloured sheet masks and out of a random pick, I decided to first try out the It's Skin Color Solution Pink Mud Sheet Mask. Rather intruiged by how a mask combining a sheet with clay was going to work out, I went ahead and tested it out. Let's see how I got on with it. 

C L A I M 

This Pink Mud mask aims to vitalise the skin while making it feel fresh and clear looking. Making tired skin look more refreshed. The key ingredients are pink kaolin clay (a combination of extremely gentle white clay and a strong pulling red clay), rosehip fruit extract and lemon extract. 

I N S T R U C T I O N S 

After cleansing and toning the skin, remove the insert package from the main packaging, remove the clear side from the mask and apply to the skin while gently removing the thicker white sleeve. Repeat this for the other half of the sheet. Leave on the face for 20-30 minutes. Gently remove the mask and rinse with warm water.

S C E N T  A N D  E S S E N C E 

To no surprise, the essence used in this mask is not that of your typical sheet mask and it is actually a layer of a clay type mask sitting on the sheet. It's a very soft blush pink shade and I found the mask to be a little bit messy to apply. There's a lot of packaging to this mask, due to the nature that it has to keep the clay in the position that it needs to be so you will end up getting little specks of it on your hands. The scent itself is a very gentle clay scent and isn't overbearing in the slightest. The clay is cooling and refreshing on the skin. It doesn't dry to be a solid type of mask on the skin so I feel like the soft clay makes for a very nourishing mask and the fact that it is a natural clay itself means that there are a lot of minerals being used to treat the skin.

F I T  A N D  M A T E R I A L 

The mask came in two halves, one for the top half of your face and the other for the mouth area. I feel like masks like this are quite handy and often easier to get the fit right as you can adjust it to the proportions of your face. Because of this, the mask fit the shape of my face very well. The material of the mask is also fairly thick, most likely due to the "essence" being clay and being a heavy substance than that of a light essence. 

R E S U L T

My skin was so SO bright and felt the smoothest it ever has. The redness in my skin had reduced massively and I was glowing!! I was honestly shocked after I washed my face and dried it, it was baby soft, so soft that I went through to Stuart and was like touch my face....TOUCH MY FACE IT'S SO SOFT. And he agreed with me. I've just been so impressed that a sheet mask could do that to my face. 

O V E R A L L 

This is the best sheet mask I have ever used. I thought the idea of a sheet mask being combined with a clay mask seemed like such an odd idea but I'm won over by it, I'm genuinely in love. 

R E P U R C H A S E ?

YES YES a million times YES. I really want to give the other variations of these masks a try as the Pink Mud has done wonders for me, so it would be great to try the others and use them to combat their specific target issues. They are a little more expensive than my normal sheet masks, but it's a price I'm willing to pay for the result that I got from it. 

I would 100% recommend this mask to try out for anyone who's skin needs a bit of a boost and want to look a bit more radiant. Have you tried any of the It's Skin Color Solution masks? If so, which ones have been your favourite? 

Follow me on: youtube | twitter | instagram | facebook | bloglovin'