Mask Monday // Missha Cherry Blossom Something Sheet Mask

Monday 30 April 2018


You ever buy something purely because it fits in with the whole ~aesthetic~ of your blog? Well, that's exactly what I've done here with this sheet mask. It's pink and mint and cherry blossom, the main things that seem to make up the appearance I am known for. It's also been a little while since I've taken part in Mask Monday, or even used any sort of face mask for that matter. I've actually been under a lot of stress lately, but it's thankfully not showing through my skin. But it's still relieving for me to take the time to take care of my appearance even just for a little while during the week. 

So, this week we have the Missha Cherry Blossom Something Sheet Mask. The perfect mask for the spring time. This comes as one part of a range of body care products, with the rest of the range revolving around shower gel, body lotion and the like. I actually learnt more recently that it is a range that was only available for a limited amount of time, so you may be a bit stretched to find one of these. There are a few eBay sellers that will still have some in their stock though. Missha was actually my first K-beauty brand and the first brand I tried sheet masks from but it has been a good 5 years since I've used any from them so I'm interested to see how they perform now. 

C L A I M 

Cherry blossom extract aims to brighten and vitalise the skin. 

I N S T R U C T I O N S

After cleansing and toning, apply the mask evenly to the face and keep on for 15-20 minutes. After removal, pat remaining essence into the skin for further effect. 



S C E N T  A N D  E S S E N C E 

Well it definitely has a strong strong scent of cherry blossom flowers, the scent actually remained while I wore the mask, so if you're sensitive to fragrances this may not be the most ideal one for you. I found it pleasant and actually quite relaxing. There was a huge amount of essence in this mask. I probably had enough to empty into a small bottle had I thought of doing so. When I removed the mask there was a thick layer still on my skin and when I squeezed the mask I had a whole full handful, though there was probably more really and there was still some remaining in the packaging. The thickness of the essence was that of your typical mask and was very cooling and relaxing on the skin.

F I T  A N D  M A T E R I A L

I found this sheet mask was a little big on the bottom half, however, it was easily positioned to fit comfortably to my face's form. It's a pure cotton sheet mask, so has a good thickness to it without being too heavy on the face. I managed to sit upright without any issue of it sliding off my face. 

R E S U L T

Honestly? This mask didn't do a massive amount. It took a long time for all of the essence to soak into my skin and when it did my skin felt softer and looked a little bit more vibrant. However, it wasn't much to write home about. However, the amount of essence came as a bit of a bonus, as it made a great base for me to do some dermarolling. 



O V E R A L L

A gorgeous smelling mask with that #aesthetic packaging, would be an okay mask for daily use as the change in the skin isn't massive. Definitely wouldn't be one of my go-to masks for brightening. It's not the best and not the worst, it's quite an "eh..." mask. So I probably wouldn't end up purchasing another one! However, if I can manage to get my hands on the other stuff int he range that would make me quite a happy bunny. 


What Missha masks have you tried and which would you say are your favourites?

Follow me on: youtube | twitter | instagram | facebook | bloglovin'