MASK MONDAY // eyenlip Gold & Snail Hydrogel Eye Patch

Monday 3 September 2018


 
Mask Monday isn't just for sheet masks! Today, I'm bringing you a little review of the eyenlip Gold & Snail Hydrogel Eye Patch. Our eyes tend to be something that we either forget about or just don't give that much attention. With the skin being so delicate, we need to take extra gentle care of them to keep the skin hydrated and looking bright. I suffer from dark deepset eyebags, something that I have had to deal with since I was a teenager. So I understand that a product isn't going to magically take that away, however, I know that the appearance of them can be at least temporarily physically improved, so that's where these little gold beauties step in.

This post is in part of a series of posts about eyenlip where I have received a variety of products to try out and in return, review here on my blog for my readers to discover. All opinions are my own however.

A B O U T  E Y E N L I P 

Eyenlip was launched in 2017 by the founders of beautynetkorea, a stockist and seller of a large variety of Korean beauty brands. They also have their own eBay page where they sell the same items under the username f2plus1 (which is one of my most used and trusted stores on the site). Over the past year or so the brand coming to be, they have been gradually building their repertoire of skincare and makeup products. With the aim of making their products affordable and easily accessible, targeting a number of different concerns.

C L A I M  A N D  I N S T R U C T I O N S

The combination of the snail mucin and the gold aims to firm and moisturise the skin while also reducing the dullness of the skin around the eyes. The patches also hope to reduce the appearance of wrinkles.

Once you have cleaned your face and toned it after, take out two patches and apply to the eye area. Depending on the skin around your eyes, it's best to have the larger rounded end go under your tear duct. However, if the skin at the sides of your eyes is more of an issue its easy enough to wear the gel patch the other way. Leave the patches on for 20-40 minutes and after removal, pat the remaining essence into the skin very gently.

The product comes in a simple little tub with a green lid adorned with a ring of flowers. 

Opening the lid of the tub, you are greeted with an insert of a white lid. This stops the essence within from leaking out while also standing as a holder for the little tweezers included to make it so much easier to get each individual hydrogel patch out.



The tweezers manage to get a good grip of the patches despite how slippery they are.


The patches themselves, as expected, are a gorgeous shade of gold. With little flecks of glitter to make them just that little prettier.

M Y  E X P E R I E N C E 

I aimed to use these patches 1-2 times a week to see if it made a difference to the appearance of the skin under my eyes. After each use, the skin underneath my eyes definitely felt a lot more moisturised and looked a little brighter. Nothing stunningly different, but enough for me to see a change. I think with my regular use I may have seen a bigger difference to how dark my under eyes are. As you get 60 in a pack, it might be worthwhile using them daily for a month to see if an overall difference is more apparent. However, I just used these on days I had been getting that much sleep and needed to look a little more alive.

The patches themselves are so pretty and lightweight, however, I had problems with them sliding down my face even when I was sitting quite stationary. So I could only use them effectively while lying down on my back. Which gave me an excuse to just lay down and chill on my bed and play about on my phone or Switch! 

Overall, I think these are a good little product, but I think they need regular use to become properly effective for the skin under the eyes. They are very affordable if bought directly through BeautyNetKorea. However, if you are to purchase elsewhere, expect to pay the full non-sale price. I would be quite interested in trying out the other types of the gel patch to see if they have a better effect on my eyes than these. But the main thing I took from these is that they helped me give the skin under my eyes the attention it so desperately needed and a boost of moisture, making it easier to apply make up on the area.

Be sure to check the rest of my eyenlip posts!



Follow me on: twitter // instagram // bloglovin' // youtube