AooL Pore & Spot Care Mask

Tuesday 16 October 2018


I have all the nourishing, brightening, firming and vitalising sheet masks in my stockpile. However, one type that seems to be ignored by me when it comes to masks, are ones used to treat acne. While of course, one use isn't going to magically take the acne away, it can help diminish the appearance of them either by reducing the size or the redness. So, today I decided to try out the AooL Pore & Spot Care Mask. AooL is a brand that is owned by Shinan Cosmetics and the brand's main focus is skincare, having a line of 5 different sheet masks to be able to be used daily depending on your skin condition, with this one being acne fighting.

My main hopes for this mask is for it to hopefully reduce the pigmentation of some of the larger spots of my current breakout while also helping old acne scars fade. The mask claims do these things while also helping you nourish the skin in the process.

INGREDIENTS
Water, Methylpropanediol, Glycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Butylene Glycol, Pinus Palustris Leaf Extract, Ulmus Davidiana Root Extract, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Flower Extract, Pueraria Lobata Root Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Betaine, Panthenol, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Chondrus Crispus Powder, Allantoin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Potassium Hydroxide, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Ethyl Hexanediol, Ethylexylglycerin, Fragrance

I actually found this mask a little too big for my face, which tends to be quite rare as they are mostly generally well fitting. This one had to be pulled about a bit to help me make it have as much of the surface area on my skin and not folded over itself. It was however very comfortable and for being quite thick, didn't feel all that heavy nor slip. The scent was quite medicinal but not overpowering. The mask is to be left on for 10-20 after cleansing and toning as per usual and then removed with the remaining essence being patted into the skin.

After removal, I noticed my face was soaked in essence as was the mask. So I massaged the essence into my face and neck while taking the sheet mask and rubbing it on my chest as I've been suffering from some chest acne lately. I gave myself some time to allow the essence to actually absorb into my skin before giving my thoughts on how my skin looked and felt afterwards. There was no stickiness left afterwards, my skin felt smooth and soft and definitely moisturised. The redness in the largest spot on my face looked a lot less red and painful than before but was still raised (probably due to there still being fluid inside). Along with this, my skin looked super bright!

It's always exciting to try new brands but from what I've been able to research as much as I could, it seems AooL is now ShionLe, which was launched this year and are actually using Astro (ya girl loves Eunwoo ♡) as their models for the brand, so while it might not be possible to find this mask as Aool, it can be found under ShionLe. They sell the same masks that they did as AooL and they can be purchased in boxes of either one type or a mixture.

I'll definitely be purchasing this mask again and some of the other versions of them as I was actually spending some time looking at ShionLe's products and these were one of the things that caught my eye! So if you need something to help you with your acne on those really bad days, this may be the one to go for!

Let me know your favourite acne fighting masks!